Friday, December 3, 2010

Giving Thanks For Another Wonderful Year


 Thanksgiving day is always a great day to reflect on all the wonderful blessings that God has given us and enjoy time with our family. We had a wonderful day of relaxing, playing games, and eating too much! Every year we switch off between Trent and I, Jerry and Winette, and Mom and Dad's house. This year it was mom and dad's turn so we enjoyed a great day over at their house.

Mom had the tables and food tables decorated beautifully!
One table with a silver and brown theme

The food counter with the food basket and pilgrims

Dessert Table 


Since the feast was at mom's house she did most of the cooking, but we all contributed to make the meal great. Nana makes the best gravy ever so she is always in charge of that part of the meal.

 












The guys all sat together at the living room table so they could watch the Dallas Cowboys Thanksgiving day game then we played games and cards. Later that afternoon Trent took the boys over to the park to play flag football with Ryan, Cody, Chandler, and Courtney Boyd. It was a great day to be outside playing and they had a lot of fun!












What a wonderful time the holiday season is! I look forward to the coming month with more family time during the Christmas season.

1 comment:

Gail @ Victorian at Heart said...

I am so thankful to have you as my daughter. When we get together we have so much fun and that is often since we live close by. Our time together is cherished and I look forward to many more great times. I'm thankful for the "Fleet of Fords" you bring so much joy to my life.